Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday musings

Before I get started I did want to mention the images on my 'Changing Seasons' post. These I got from the beautiful Judy Wilkenfeld blog - Red Velvet. Thanks Judy!! If you haven't already been to Judys blog, well you are really missing out on something extraordinary. Judy is a 'Visual Anthologist' and her work is amazing. You have to see her latest work! Go on, what are you waiting for???


Okay, firstly I want to let you all know that we have got our 4th tutor for our 2008 Art Journey Retreat in Melbourne. Her name is Jane Wynn and she came very highly recommended by both Michael and Nina. Her work is fantastic, check out her blog to see more.




Now, I am nagging all the tutors to get me the workshop samples so I can get the registrations open. I can't wait to see what they are all teaching!!


Ninas Perth workshop is booking out really quickly, I think we have about 5 spots left. If you want to do this, get in quick...


So, what has been going on in the shop? Well, Jacky has been busy making up one of the 'La Guardaropa' shrine kits and it is looking so cool! A little bit 'Keith Lo Bue' in style. Will post the pic once it is finished. I have been busy working on the website, you may not notice alot of changes yet but that is because all the work is going on behind the scenes... Hoping to make it easier to navigate and VERY inspiring!


We have a new delivery of all the great stuff we had for sale at the Retreat which sold out so quickly. These are great for doing Nina type journals, there is long shank eyelets and brads, gorgeous pronged frames, micro eyelets and the list goes on....
This is the acrylic watchface (above) attached with long prong copper brads and below is a copper pronged frame with acrylic insert. All the copper pieces look great aged with liver of sulphar. Check them out in our shop

No comments: