Thursday, November 8, 2007

Something to think about.



My 10 year old daughter Courtney bought home a 'Chicken Soup' book from the school library called "Christmas Treasury". As I have enjoyed Chicken Soup books in the past, I thought I would read some of it. I am not even a quarter of the way through this book and already I feel more in The Christmas Spirit, than any store decorations could ever make me.
The stories illuminate the kindness and generosity that makes up this human race, each and every story gave me goosebumps and made me want to do something to make another person feel good about themselves.
I have lots of plans rolling around my head, but thought today I would pass on a dose of Christmas cheer to some truly special people who have made such a positive impact on my life. I encourage all of you out there in blogger land to nominate someone for some Christmas cheer!!

Those I nominate are
Nina Bagley - a truly gentle soul who I have spent only a little time with but who has certainly left her footprint on my heart.
Jacky, my Mum - I love you more than words can say. Always loving, kind and supportive.
Judy Wilkenfeld - Whose creativity and talent inspires me more and more every day, another gentle, giving soul.
Ro Bruhn - This lady is one of the sweetest, kindest and most thoughtful people. She is also supremely talented artist. Thankyou for my kit Ro, it is spectacular!!
Kirsty, my beautiful sister - It is very hard with Kirsty being away in Collie and I truly enjoy her times in Perth. We have to commit to a date with Borders Kirst!!! I Love you!!
Di Thomas - Scrapbooks to Di For, this lady is awesome, so much fun to be around and such a sweet, kind and thoughtful person.

There are so many more people who are very special to me but I will save that for another day. If you have any heartwarming tales about Christmas kindness or an idea on how to help others less fortunate, I would love to hear it. This Christmas I want to do something truly special!!

More tomorrow, its almost time to lock up and go home!

3 comments:

megan said...

What wonderful reminders the "Chicken Soup For the Soul" books are in so many ways. I just came accross one whilst unpacking boxes of Books - you have inspired me to have a read Jo. Thankyou for such a warm post.
Mx

Ro Bruhn said...

Thanks so much Jo for the nomination, I think you truly deserve the award too. You and Jackie have done so much to encourage us all by organizing your magnificent retreats, and giving us all the opportunity to meet such talented people from here and overseas. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy your kit, I'll email the info you requested over the weekend.
Ro
xo

Judy said...

Well thanks so much Jo. I am blushing over here. WEre it not for you organising your retreats, i am not sure if my art would be where it is today - so thanks to your vision!!!
xox