Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Few Paintings

Thought I would post a few of the paintings that I have done recently.

This one below is on 8x10" canvas, I actually painted this quite a while ago, just needed to add that finishing touches. I was so happy with this one.
Once again, this is on 8x10" canvas, you can't tell from the photo, but the darker area around the edge is a pearl tint, it looks so pretty when it catches the light.

8x10: canvas, I love the numeric background in this one and was really pleased with the image transfer on her dress. I wish I had discovered my sepia pencil before I outlined her face, but still happy with how she has turned out.

This one is still a work in progress. It is 8 1/4 x 11" on 300gsm watercolour paper. It will be stitched on to a book board backing.
Another work in progress, 8 1/4 x 11" on 300gsm watercolor. The image transfer on her dress is of some beautiful eucalyptus trees.
The photo of this one didn't turn out the best, the colours are all washed out and her eyes are a bit googly. She looks much better in real life. I so love her wings, they look almost real.

Have quite a few more pieces on the go and am loving every minute of it! Nothing makes me happier than a day spent playing with paint!
Hope you are indulging today too!
Jo xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats amazing story.

Anonymous said...

when will you go online?

Anonymous said...

well its nice to know that you have great hits here.