Monday, April 16, 2007

What a great Sunday




Rain was predicted but we have all heard that story before, haven't we??!
But guess what?
It rained!!
And I don't mean one shower and that is it, I mean a steady rain for hours and hours with the occasional really heavy shower. It was great, the lawns were soggy, the gutters overflowing (must get those cleaned out) and there were huge puddles everywhere. Great stuff, I hope it makes it to the wheatbelt and all our farmers.
So, a lovely wet day means no washing can get done (what a shame!!) and I have plenty of 'play' time. So, I got stuck into a 'Faerie Shrine' I have been trying to finish. Above are some progress pics, I got the inspiration the artwork of Debrina Pratt and Mary Halderman in the Jan/Feb '07 issue of Somerset Studio. It was great fun playing with paper and paint and some artchix images. The main box was just an improvisation as I ran out of foam core. I still have to add loads more but it gives you an idea of what I have been up to.
Also started working on pages for the Art Retreat website, so much information to sort, but it was great to relive it all again, makes me even more excited about all the retreats coming up...
More about that in the next post!!
Thats all for now, more soon....

2 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

This is looking great Jo. Can't wait to see it finished.
I'm glad you had some, rain we're still waiting.
Great news about Melbourne, May 2008, count me in I'll be there.

Ro
xo

Judy said...

Jo, thats one of my favourite paper in the back - looks very nice.