Friday, July 11, 2008

A bit of art

As mentioned in my previous post, I have been doing a fair bit of painting. Thought I would share a few pieces, most of which are 'works in progress'.
I found it is easiest to do a whole heap of pieces at each stage, ie. loads of backgrounds, then images, then lastly, the finishing touches.

This piece I am really happy with, a little bit abstract. Still needs the finishing touches.

The following two pieces were inspired by Mistys work, practise, practise, practise.


I am sooooo happy with the next two. Still need to paint the beret on this one and add finishing touches to both.
Hubby thinks this one looks pissed off. Hmmm.....

The following two have had the images sketched in and awaiting painting. Hope to work on them tomorrow. Spending today scrappin photos of kids. Need to get back to what is most important to me, my kids and family.

Hope you are all enjoying school holidays. My kids have been amazing, such good kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jacky said...

You are so good with your practicing! I havent been doing much practising (naughty girl!!). The last one I did I think I will paint over her face and start again. She doesnt look at all what I imagined she was going to look like??? Yes... I need more practice.
Loving the Misty inspired pieces Jo!