Sunday, March 11, 2007

Finally some FREEEEE time

It has been a seriously busy hectic time but I finally have a little free time to chat!
ART JOURNEY RETREAT 2007
Okay, where do I start? It was absolutely AWESOME!!!! For all those who couldn't make it,I have to tell you that you really missed an unforgettable experience. All four tutors are amazingly talented, kind and refreshingly down to earth. We couldn't have asked for a better bunch for our Retreat debut!
Right now I am still coming down to earth from it all and gather my thoughts, all the while planning the next Retreat for Melbourne next year. I have loads of photos to edit and put on here so will try to get this done this afternoon. I am also revamping the website, particularly the retreat section. Will have all the photos put up for you to enjoy.
What a stinker of a week we have had in Perth! Three days of 42, yuck. WE finally had our airconditioner installed and have had lovely mild weather since!? Oh well, I am sure we will get plenty of use out of it NEXT Summer.
Jacky and I had a 'play day' on Thursday, which was fun. I finally completed my spread for a colour journal RR and Jacky finished her 2 Nina necklaces. I must admit to a growing fascination with jewellery and an itch to start making some of my own. Sort of a found art/Michael/Nina mix of sorts. Sounds confusing I know but the picture is very clear in my head. We are having another play day making shoe shrines and I also have plans of a mask in 'deMeng' style. Think I will start on that tomorrow whilst Michaels workshops are relatively fresh in my head.
Oh, heres some fantastic news..... Michael is coming back to Perth in December for book signings and more workshops, even a 2 day workshop that will include a trip to a salvage yard to pick up goodies to work with. How awesome is that?! We will also be having Nina back to Perth for a 5 day workshop. More info on both those events and the 2008 retreat as it comes to hand!
Well I better get those photos on to the computer so you can all have a sticky at them!
Have a relaxing 'arty' day all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks again Jo and Jackie, had a great time in your neck of the woods and can't wait to be back later this year.

see ya in December...I'll miss teaching with tea time.

ciao,
Michael deMeng