Friday, August 31, 2007

Art a day - Monday 27.08.07

Today I spent the whole day soldering the 30 microscope slides I had put together on Sunday. I really enjoyed soldering but the jump rings really tested my pstience!! Don't look too closely. Once I have put the ribbon on, the jump rings won't be as noticeable. It was quite amusing that while I was soldering, my little kitten, Rom, decided to nestle down in front of me. I had to move his tail a few times so it wouldn't singe.




Here he is here, as you can see my workspace is limited enough as it is, without him curled up smack dab in the middle! But I don't have the heart to move him and he is good company.


Here are a few more close ups of the microscope slides. I really love how the charcoal pencil gives the illusion of depth and dimension to the pieces.


No comments: