Friday, January 18, 2008

Post #94

Even after spending the last 2 days on this project, I still haven't finished!!!!!
So, I thought I would just give a few sneak peeks at what I have done so far,


This is how my table looks right this very second, veeerrry messy, but, I tend to know right where everything is when I need to lay my hands on it.

For the background, I glued down this serviette and then painted over it with my own little recipe of Golden fluids and Irridesent Pearl, mixed together and then watered down 50:50.



Here is part of the layout. Unfortunately, as it is early evening, the photos have a golden tinge to them. I painted the chipboard initial with crackle paint and then sprinkled on a little gliteer while the paint was still wet.


Here is a close up of 2 of the tags, these are mounted on a piece of fabric paper that I made a while ago. Really easy to do , very effective and versatile too.


A 7gypsies label tab that has been painted and stamped. Got this idea directly from a piece of Beryl Taylors work!


Here is another tab. Behind it you can see the serviette that has been painted.


This is a swirl from the Tim Holtz Grungeboard. This is stuff is way cool to play with!


Another few little bits on the layout. Hoping to get this finished tonight!


Another hint for the prize? A kit of little bits and bobs that you would use in the above type project!

3 comments:

Corrine said...

I love the look of the gunge board. I went to Tim's site and had a look at the video demo...Could you stitch it do you think?
The layout looks to be coming together very nicely. All those Beryl Taylor embellishments are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Love your messy workspace - definitely an artist at work here!

Susan said...

This layout is fantastic and it's great to see all the details up close. Thanks for the step-by-step instructions too.
Susan T