Friday, January 11, 2008

Todays Art Play

So, here are a couple of things that I had a play around with today.
I wasn't getting caught up in the end result, rather, I just wanted to try a few different techniques.
These first few are from the book 'Artists Trading Card Workshop' by Bernie Berlin.


These two are using Magazine images and the one below is a phone book background painted over with Golden fluids mixed with acrylic glaze.


Below is a magazine image painted over with a thinned coat of Gesso. The images are then filled in with fluid acrylics.

Now, tofay we had delivery of the Tim Holtz Grungeboard. Below is a sample from the Elements - Swirls pack. Aren't they gorgeous? They have the feel of leather and kinda smell like that too.


This a sample I made up using the Grungeboard and the crackle paint. I am in the process of making a few more, they are such fun to work with and I can't wait to make a book using the hinges from the Elements pack!


This is the same piece, on a different background. The background on the above piece is using Moon shadow mist.

I have also started making a couple of the tiny shrines we have in the shop. One of them is going to be very Beryl Taylor and I think I may do the other Nina style.

Well, am off to serve up dinner now.

No comments: